Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sensation

I am fascinated by what tiny inflection will make the whole picture unify.
I start always with a sensation. It is impossible to conceive in my mind what will work. My mind must be clear of concepts and ideas. I must trust my instincts however ridiculous it might seem. As I paint, my mind becomes more clear. Clear to the point of meditation. This meditation allows me to confident about every move I make. At this point, there is no such thing as a mistake.

Harmony is an associative process that can only be seen and done, All these things just kind of happen by themselves. I trust that the content, the real content, (not subject matter) is somehow in there. At this point you just got kicked out.

I love the way Ryder will write a poem to accompany his paintings. I wonder which came first?